National Renewable Energy Internship (NREI) Scheme
In a notification issued on 1.10.2019, the Human Resource Department of Ministry of New & Renewable Energy (MNRE) has published a new National Renewable Energy Internship (NREI) Scheme for various students from Engineering, Science, Management, law and other streams to undertake internship in the Ministry and in organizations.
National Renewable Energy Internship (NREI) Scheme
MNRE will provide internship opportunity to facilitate students pursuing under graduate/graduate/post graduate degrees or research scholars enrolled in recognized institutes/universities with in India or abroad, as “Interns”.
These interns will be attached with the senior level officers of the Ministry in various Programme Divisions. These interns can work for a period of two months to six months.
The scheme also provides opportunity to personnel engaged in projects related to policy research promotion/demonstration and deployment of renewable energy in national and international research/institutes and financial institutions to work as Interns in the Ministry /its organisations.
The internship will be on unpaid basis. No stipend will be provided to intems.
Objective of NREI Scheme:
- To engage persons pursuing Graduate / Post graduate course of Engineering Management/ Law/Science stream (Physics/ Chemistry/Renewable energy/ Energy/ Biotechnology / Biological Science / Environmental Science, etc) in recognized University/institution within India or abroad, as “Interns” with the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy for mutual benefit.
Purpose of NREI Scheme:
- The “Interns” shall have an opportunity to know about the Ministry’s functioning, programmes and policy, issues in Renewable Energy and contribute to generate inputs such as analysis, technical reports/technology advancement project reports/policy papers, etc. for furtherance of the objectives of this Ministry.
Details of NREI Scheme:
Period of Internship:
- Internship is available throughout the year based on the MNRE requirement.
- The applicant should be pursuing graduate or post graduate degree course in Engineering Management/ Law/ Science stream (Physics/ Chemistry/ Renewable energy/ Energy/ Biotechnology/ Biological Science/ Environmental Science, etc.) in recognized University/institution within India or abroad.
- The persons working in RE area in National, International, Non Governmental Institutes/organisations.
- Maximum 40 no.of interns will be provided internship per year, with not more than 20 interns being in position at any point of time.
- The heads of the each division can take maximum 3 (Three) inters for internship in a year.
- This may be relaxed with the permission of Secretary, MNRE.
- No intern would be allowed to repeat or extend the internship, except on account of absence due to medical reasons.
- Will be from two to six months to be counted from the day of start of internship
- Interns will be required to furnish to the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy a declaration of secrecy before reporting for the internship
Logistic Support :
- Ministry of New and Renewable Energy shall provide them with internet facility and other necessities as deemed fit by the concerned Heads. Interns will be required to have their own Laptops.
- They shall also make their own lodging and boarding arrangements.
- There will be no commitment for placement of interns in the Ministry or allied/ subordinate organisations.
- However, the interns would be free to apply to vacancies occurring in the Ministry/ subordinate/ allied organizations, if eligible for the same.
Submission of Paper:
- The interns will be required to present a Report / Paper on the allotted subject at the end of the internship to the Head of the Division. Seminar/presentation can be conducted by the HRD division in the presence of Heads of the division.
Certificate of Internship :
- Certificate will be issued to the interns on satisfactory completion of their internship and evaluation of their Report/Paper by the concerned.
How to Apply :
- Applicants can apply throughout the year online only through the address link to be indicated in the website of Ministry of New and Renewable Energy – MNRE
- Intern must clearly indicate the area of interest. (Ministry’s thrust research areas & programme areas/vision can be obtained from the website).
- Application shall be made at least one month before the expected date of joining and not more than 3 months in advance from the date of commencement .i.e if applicants want internship from 1st of January 2020, he/she can apply from 1st October 2019 to 30th November, 2019.
No objection Certificate:
- At the time of joining in selection, applicant shall be required to produce a letter from their Supervisor/Head of Department/Principal, indicating their status in the Institution /employer and “No Objection” for allowing their student/ Employ to undergo Internship program for the period for which he or she is selected/and the student will not be registered for any course where regular attendance is required.
- If any discrepancy is found, the candidature of the candidate will be cancelled by the Ministry.
- All applications will be scrutinized by the Selection Committee, which shall meet as frequently as required, and in any case shall meet once every month to take up pending applications at that point of time.
- The Selection Committee will be headed by Joint Secretary (HRD), Dir./DS/US(IFD) as Members and Scientist in charge (HRD) as Convener.
- Offers will be sent to selected interns subject to availability of slots, consent of the concemed Division and approval of the Selection Committee.
- The selected candidates will produce original marksheets and NOC from the college/institution at the time of joining, failing which his/her candidature shall be cancelled.
- HRD division will upload the list of selected candidates on MNRE website.
- The candidates should have minimum 85% attendance which they have to mark in and out on daily basis.
- No extension of internship period and no experience certificate of less than 85% attendance is observed.
- The attendance record and the details of the work supervision will be maintained by the Heads of the divisions.
- The conduct of the interns and their access to data shall be the sole responsibility of the heads of the divisions where they are working.
- Secretary, MNRE will have the power to relax any of the above conditions mentioned, in respect of any deserving candidate.
This issues with the approval of Honourable Minister, MNRE.
- Notification by MNRE of NREI Scheme – Download PDF