Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL), a joint venture of PSU’s under the Ministry of Power has issued a tender, under the Kisan Urja Suraksha evam Utthaan Mahabhiyan (KUSUM) scheme, for the procurement of 175000 off-grid solar pumps.
The KUSUM Program:
The project is part of the Union Government’s Off-grid and Decentralized Solar PV Application Program. The tender states that the solar pumps will be procured through a central agency, in this case, EESL, on behalf of the state nodal agencies (SNAs). These agencies will provide the letter of award to the selected bidders for the installation of the solar-powered water pumps.
In July 2019, the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) has issued guidelines for the implementation of the Rs 34,422 crore (total central financial support) KUSUM Scheme with following components:
- Component-A: Setting up of 10,000 MW of Decentralized Ground/ Stilt Mounted Grid Connected Solar or other Renewable Energy based Power Plants;
- Component-B: Installation of 17.50 Lakh Stand-alone Solar Agriculture Pumps; and
- Component-C: Solarisation of 10 Lakh Grid Connected Agriculture Pumps.
The current tender of 175000 Off-Grid Solar Pumps is 10% of the 17.5 Lakh Stand-alone Solar Agriculture Pumps (Component B).
Scope of Work:
For the selected bidders, the scope of work will include the design, manufacture, supply, transport, installation, testing, and commissioning of the solar pumps. The scope of work will also include warranties, repair, and maintenance of the pumps for a period of five years.
- To be eligible, the bidders should be either a solar PV module manufacturer or a solar pump manufacturer.
- The net worth of the bidder should not be less than 100 percent of the paid-up share capital.
- The bidders should have an average annual turnover in the range of Rs 7.85-47.85 crore (Meghalaya/Assam-Telangana/Andhra Pradesh) based on the state/cluster in which they submit their bids.
- The Earnest Money Deposit to be submitted by the bidders has been set based on the specific cluster or clusters for which they submit their bids.
Allowed Equipment Standards & Make:
- According to the tender, water pumps with solar PV modules and pumps must be manufactured in India.
- The equipment should also be approved under the Bureau of Indian Standards and MNRE guidelines.
Important Dates & Timeline:
- The pre-bid meeting has been scheduled for August 28, 2019, to address the concerns raised by the prospective bidders.
- The last date for bid submission is September 11, 2019, and the techno-commercial bids will be opened on the same date.
- The selected bidders will have a period of 90-120 days to complete the work on the project.
FEATURED IMAGE CREDIT: World Bank